Monday, December 22, 2008

#004 - boot (in my face) camp



im not going to lie, today's game wasnt pretty... i updated my sister list based on two games against tau and found myself playing against orks as part of my training regimen... and got my ass handed to me...

i ran a canoness, 2 squads of 12 sisters, 2 squads of 10 stormtroopers in rhinos, a full infantry platoon with 5 lascannons, vindicare, 6 dominions in an immolator, and an exorcist...

he ran 3 mobs of 30 boyz, 10 lootas, 10 burnas, 2 meks, 3 looted vehicles, 2 dreds, and 3 coptas... all 90 boyz were shootas, not sluggas, to boot...

needless to say my list was woefully outnumbered, not to mention outclassed by a veteran player... im glad i got my ass kicked, however, as it gave me some insight as to how i should update my list:

1. while the vindicare is nice, its literally hit or miss... the 2+ to hit is nice, but its the 4+ to wound that makes him difficult to keep dead on...

2. my infantry platoon needs to be more mobile, so i dropped one squad and 2 lascannons (total 3 left), and kit the command squad and a 10-squad for mobile assault... the lascannons can stay back with the exorcist and pound away, but i need a midfield stopgap, and thats where they'd come in handy...

3. more sisters = more bolters, and more bolters = weight of fire... im taking advantage of the larger squad limit and beefing two squads up to 15 each, while adding another squad of 10 on top of that... throw enough rounds at the enemy and he will fall sooner or later... and if he doesnt, ive got acts of faith to throw in on the charge...

4. rhino rush the stormtroopers with the immolator and get that wall of death moving asap... 2 flamers, 6 meltas, 2 power swords and a plasma pistol should have the right amount of punch i need to drop vehicles, weaken squads, and tie up a large chunk of the enemy long enough to get the rest into position...

granted, this is all in the realm of theoryhammer, but its a good starting point for the next round of training - i need another army to go up against... perhaps some marines... /post

No comments:

Post a Comment